You can find out whether you need a visa to visit Germany, as well as details on the expected time and process, using the German Federal Foreign Office website.
Unless you are exempt from the visa requirement, you must have a tourist/visitor visa to attend our conference.
Participants are responsible for all costs related to visa applications. If needed, we can provide you with an official invitation letter for the conference. However, we cannot guarantee that you will be granted a visa. This is at full discretion of the German state.
How to request an official invitation letter for SDiA 2018:
1. Register for the conference and pay the participation fee.*
2. Fill out our Invitation Letter Request Form. This must include your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, passport number, and passport expiration date.
3. Submit this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We will inform you once we have issued an invitation letter for you.
5. Please note that issuing an invitation letter can take 5-10 business days, so plan well in advance of your visa interview.
* Remember that without registering for the conference and paying the registration fee, you cannot receive an invitation letter.